Author Topic: Looking for Gundam Insta Accounts.  (Read 491 times)

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
Looking for Gundam Insta Accounts.
« on: October 11, 2016, 05:03:41 PM »
My only Social Media outlet is Instagram, and as I recently started over fresh I'm looking for some good accounts to follow, do you guys have any recommendations, or even your own accounts that you could share? My feed is full of Kawaii Japanese stuff right now, and I need a healthy balance or I'mma puke.

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
Re: Looking for Gundam Insta Accounts.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 07:25:04 PM »
Thankfully, there's a crap-ton of really good accounts out there, I think some of these chaps lurk here on the Mecha Lounge:
 I would recommend without any bias whatsoever, Team Helios Mecha, Black Crab Studio, Zakuaurelius, theghostofzeon, squeesworkbench, gavinmanners, g_mod_, cx20mechaworks, cupcakemecha, b_system, gundamofworld, justiniusbuilds, an_chan_009 for starters..

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »
Fantastic accounts. Thanks so much, I followed all of them. Now to spend hours drooling.

TimMather

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 02:43:43 PM »
never really seen the point of instagram? is there something ive missed? also just wondered do they resize photos you upload like most other sites?

maxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 03:11:24 PM »
There's a bunch of great builders in both Instagram and Twitter who don't post in facebook.

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 05:37:25 PM »
never really seen the point of instagram? is there something ive missed? also just wondered do they resize photos you upload like most other sites?

It's actually good for just idle viewing and inspiration, plus it's got far less backlog shots and shares you've seen 10 times already. It does crop and resize yes, but it's not really for serious showcasing. 

tobiasronnertz

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • https://tobiasronnertz.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 06:24:27 PM »

I use Instagram quite a lot. It's so easy to just take a snapshot while building and then it's uploaded and finished.
I'm much more selective when I'm using forums. And I think other modellers think in a similar way. So give it a try!

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 06:43:10 PM »
I prefer instagram to facebook, because you don't have to use your real name. One thing I've always hated about Facebook is how easy it is for people to find you (AKA: Your old boss, to see how extensive your tattoos are.) It's much easier using nicknames and lurking in the shadows.

I do keep being tempted back to Facebook though, because there's just so much content that seems to be only shared there and Facebook is like internet hitler if you don't have an account/login

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 09:10:54 PM »
Also, my instagram is @zakurella if you can handle a hyperactive madwoman who thinks she's a lot funnier than she really is. It's where I post a lot of my purchases' and updates though. Fair warning, you just have to imagine Nigahiga (from YouTube) only British (Hey, I got DNA results back today, I'm above averagely native.) and female, with an unhealthy obsession with Zaku's.

Mr_Zinc

• Administrator
  • Let the BANHAMMER fall! FOR TEH EMPRAH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 09:54:11 PM »
You can follow me @mr_zinc - not much going on there lately BUT i will change that soon (-ish)

CaliforniaFactory

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 06:32:20 AM »
@californiafactory  ;)

And everyone GundamUK mentioned, as well as:
joshuadarrah
likegunpla
hoonisee
mokiplamo
kicksnare0417
soma.gunpla
nayeung78
blindmecha
frontline_of_gravity

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 10:46:08 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Some of them I was already following, others that I wasn't seem really awesome. Thanks. :)

Dead2Death

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 11:47:31 PM »
I'm Dead2Death on Instagram. I'm notoriously bad on updating the account though.
As I seem to constantly forget I have an account although I'm trying to improve that.
I usually use my instagram to just follow people that have interesting lives. :p