Author Topic: RE 100 MS-08T Efreet custom custom  (Read 1191 times)

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
RE 100 MS-08T Efreet custom custom
« on: October 11, 2016, 08:52:56 PM »
Well this arrived via my lovely postman today

Now I can start seriously planning. If you remember I'm a noob to the gunpla seen and this will be kit 5..... So I'm hoping as I post that you will all feel free to give me pointers along the way.  this will be only my second kit using an airbrush. This forum seems to have good people with a vast array of experience which I hope to learn from. I've thick skin so don't pull any punches. I'm waiting on another older kit for parts and some decals from Samuel decal. I expect to be starting in earnest in about 2 weeks ish but will do a dry fit before then. So first question, I'm looking to assemble then disassemble a couple of times am i right to say that if I trim the pegs at 45 degrees it should make it easier????

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
Re: RE 100 MS-08T Efreet custom custom
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 09:04:13 PM »
Fantastic. Good luck.

I'm probably on a similar noob level to you actually, so we can learn together.

Mine are due to arrive tomorrow morning, but I have a lot more purchases to make before I can start any real work.

I hope you post some progress pictures. :)

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »
I've built and painted this one, as long as you 'loose assemble' it you should not encounter any breakage, however on the trim parts on the side leg thruster bits, chop off the lower pegs as they tend to just snap off on disassembly. My WIP for this was a little short, here's how it went for me:
https://youtu.be/76Etzjwy96k

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 02:00:22 AM »
Well the dry fit is done. I will be doing a kit bash when the doner kit arrives any day now( crosses fingers)..... Real nice kit to put together took just over an hour but without heavy cleanup and the seams are still there, I figure there's no point till I have a look at the doner parts.

I've fitted it with some bullpup rifles from a magic toys ms weapons set, gotten through aliexpress, with some minor sanding and trimming they will look like they were made for it.
So things I don't like
1/ my good god sooooo many pollycaps compared to the mg kits ive made so far it feels a bit less sturdy but I hope some paint will tighten it all up.

2/ the launchers on the legs. Yea they gotta be moved and I'm thinking of mounting one to the backpack for over shoulder firing???? What do you guys think?

3/ where the shoulders are cool it's a but OTT for me I'm going to leave one with some moding

4/ I keep changing my mind on colour scheme. Again I'm looking for an opinion on whether to do a drab green with black or push my skill set and do a quad tone camo scheme. If I'm honest I'd like to try the camo but don't want to fuck up a really good kit. Thoughts please????????

Ok off to me bed maybe tomorrow the postie will bring more pressies

Oh and Samuel decal has posted the waterslides. So about a week or two I should have those.

More updates to follow.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:03:06 AM by Simono8216 »

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »
Still needs seam lines and a good bit of tidy up but happy so far. Only problems were figuring out how to mount the big guns, looks ok will see after priming if it's all good or a fuster cluck!!!!
Powered by Imgbb

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 04:46:17 PM »
Awww, man, this is gonna be one badass custom job. You're brave doing a kit bash so early in your career.
Those weapons packs look pretty neat. I was looking at some builders parts packs on HLJ, but they're all 1/144 (As far as I can tell.) I've been looking for a 1/100 sniper rifle for a while with no luck. I'm thinking of doing what you did and using a donor kit. (Lol, that term sounds to grim, but…I like it.)

I think you'll probably manage to sort out the kinks with this one, so I wouldn't worry. I'm really surprised to hear the Efreet seems unstable. I always thought Zeon kits stood like rocks and it tended to be the more 'over kill' Zeta extensions/variants that were precarious is hell. (Although, I'm judging this based on my past kits, which tend to be ones that have been repeated again and again with increased design and articulation.) I did once buy a ReZEL Type C MG, which I suspect would have suffered from the Zeta extension issues I mentioned, but I actually sold the kit before building…Sadly. If my memory serves me, I think I actually used PVA glue once to 'lock' a kits action pose. We won't even talk about the GM Sniper Custom Fix Figuration Figure I had. I'm still getting therapy for that... ;D

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »
I used the magic toys ms weapons kit. The big guns are the two sniper rifles in the kit sandwiched together. I found them on aliexpress for under 10 euro, worth a look. The efreet is a rock and easy to pose etc until you put the BFG's on his back pack then there's some tittering..... All good though so far the guns are mounted on a part from an action base so I can change elevation.

As for zetas and rezels ive been put off by reviews saying they're wibbly wobbly wonders and need action based to pose properly. I'm keen to get the bawoo next month as its a zetaesk type of suit. Be that a zeon suit.

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 05:16:08 PM »
I used the magic toys ms weapons kit. The big guns are the two sniper rifles in the kit sandwiched together. I found them on aliexpress for under 10 euro, worth a look. The efreet is a rock and easy to pose etc until you put the BFG's on his back pack then there's some tittering..... All good though so far the guns are mounted on a part from an action base so I can change elevation.

As for zetas and rezels ive been put off by reviews saying they're wibbly wobbly wonders and need action based to pose properly. I'm keen to get the bawoo next month as its a zetaesk type of suit. Be that a zeon suit.

Pretty much the same on those massive over-kill kits, although they look badass as hell. Good call on the Bawoo. I noticed the MG Marasai comes out at the end of this month. Always loved that design. Like a Genetically Modified Zaku, complete with alien head.

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »

Actually, take that back, the kit was released back in 2012, I assumed this was a 2.0 after all the bad reviews, but it's not, it's the same master grade, just someones marketing ploy. Ahh how gullible the innocent are.

Pretty much the same on those massive over-kill kits, although they look badass as hell. Good call on the Bawoo. I noticed the MG Marasai comes out at the end of this month. Always loved that design. Like a Genetically Modified Zaku, complete with alien head.

Hasaki

• The Old School
    • View Profile
    • hasakiart.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »
Hell yeah, this looks awesome so far, love the mods.

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 06:57:28 PM »
Hell yeah, this looks awesome so far, love the mods.

Cheers

Josh Twobad

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 08:57:26 PM »
Now we're talkin: The Zaku-like shield is already a win imo. Sorry, if you've mentioned it before, but you're obviously not a noob to plaplate and such, are you?
Facebook - Twobad

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 09:13:29 PM »
Now we're talkin: The Zaku-like shield is already a win imo. Sorry, if you've mentioned it before, but you're obviously not a noob to plaplate and such, are you?

Thanks but I'm afraid I am a noob! I've been watching a lot of YouTube like Zakuaurelius, Justinius builds and our very own gundam UK.... There's a lot of tips and advice and since you can watch the wips it's almost one on one.

The shield looks like a  Zaku shield because it is. I picked up a no grade for under a tenner

Just had to use some brackets from the spares box to mount it to the arm. I used the zaku backpack as the main body for the backpack just with some spares, plaplate and the efreet's.

OtakuOnABudget

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • Otaku On A Budget
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 03:01:50 AM »
Nice custom work! I like big guns and I cannot lie...
I'm cheap. Deal with it.  http://otakuonabudget.blogspot.com/

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 10:14:40 AM »
Yep yep all good, I like where this is going. Nice MSV style take, I like the addition of the Zaku shield and it all looks in proportion to the scale.