Author Topic: From the Dark and Distant Past...  (Read 447 times)

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
From the Dark and Distant Past...
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:08:28 PM »
Dear mother of…..
While hunting though old photo albums looking for some of my old Gunpla work (Which came up basically blank) I came across an old design I created for a design competition. I was 18 at the time, this was almost exactly 10 years ago and the whole thing was of course heavily influenced by Halloween. I came up with a complete design, front and rear, I then fabricated a story around it and designed weapons..(Of course it was in Zeek hands) Unfortunately, I've lost the weapons designs, but damn….

...I'm almost afraid of how cool my 18 year old self was….

Also I came 3'rd. Although my design was better thought out, was clearly constructed with extensive nerd knowledge, better art skills won over my design.  :'( I think I won a Seed Destiny kit too, so I was kinda like…well.

The Ace that is spoken about in this, became an original character, that later became my own Chimaera Corps spin off…But, I've actually revived the Phantom general 'idea' and I'm working on a Zaku II 2.0 with this kind of colour scheme in mind, for my character Nova Lachlan. (Who was in the Chimaera Corps by the end of the O.Y.W. according to my fantasy riddled brain.)

Furthermore, you can clearly see how heavily influenced it was by the Gunpla world, because I did design it based around a model's line art…and of course I added decals literally all over.

Do you ever do stuff when you're young, then look back, and think…how the hell did that idiot do that?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:19:20 PM by Zakurella »

Effaeltheemetalmodeler

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
Re: From the Dark and Distant Past...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:40 AM »
Dang that's pretty awesome!!! Orange always looks amazing with a Dark Gray/Black. The story line and creativity is really good. Pretty Creative for 18 hell, I was doing stupid shit at that age!!
Suffer no guilt. Those who weild this in the name of Crom.

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 07:25:12 PM »
A backstory is great for modelling purpose I have found. I don't even remember what I did when I was 18... likely playing FFVII.

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 10:23:00 PM »
A backstory is great for modelling purpose I have found. I don't even remember what I did when I was 18... likely playing FFVII.

Time incredibly well spent my friend!  8)

Hasaki

• The Old School
    • View Profile
    • hasakiart.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 09:50:28 AM »
That's actually a very cool design, you should totally consider scratch building this.

blacklotus

• View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 07:41:15 AM »
very nice design and interesting back story, you should really give it a try and build this infiltrator unit.

Multiyogibear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 09:19:07 AM »
may I ask how you drew it cause I have a couple designs that I need help with

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »
may I ask how you drew it cause I have a couple designs that I need help with

I used Photoshop…badly.
I drew the basic line art, scanned it, then drew over it and coloured it in photoshop. I'm by no means an expert when it comes to Photoshop. In fact, I don't even use it anymore. If I ever use anything I use online Editors. I haven't really done any drawing in so long, either digitally or physically. Sorry I can't really be anymore helpful.  :(

Multiyogibear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 09:26:01 AM »
no worries man, just one more thing to add to the things I have to improve on  :D