Shop with Banzai Hobby!

Author Topic: Tips for Aspiring YouTubers...  (Read 421 times)

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
Tips for Aspiring YouTubers...
« on: October 19, 2016, 08:33:24 PM »
A vast majority of the community is actually on YouTube these days (Including the awesome GundamUK)

Come the new year, I'll be working on my own projects, which, for the moment, I'll say will be radically different from whats in the Youtube community at the moment, although, I won't specify how just yet. (Oh, so mysterious Nova..)

I was wondering whether anyone felt like sharing a few tips and tricks with starting out on YouTube. Obviously, I don't want you to think I'm trying to steal secrets, so just tell me as much as you want to tell me.

I've been brushing up on iMovie skills(As yes, in my younger years, I did have some fairly shocking youtube failures.)

Do you feel professional lighting is essential? Do I need to focus on Branding? Networking? Or any other areas?

I have no sinister aims with starting out on YouTube, I don't want to be famous, or rich, or do it as a day job. I just have a lot of creative ideas and think it's a good medium to share.

Any tips would be humbly appreciated *spit polishes shoes*

TimMather

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for Aspiring YouTubers...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 01:53:02 AM »
i have i yt channel for building, but i know enough to know that i dont have the voice or patter to do well.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6e32oNsCGSEO9cTeYa-6AA

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 07:39:46 AM »
I wrote a few thoughts down on starting a youtube channel here if it helps:
http://www.gundamuk.com/2015/12/04/getting-started-on-youtube/

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 06:47:48 PM »
Ahhhh…Simon that was actually the most helpful and genuine youtube tips post I have every read. Thank you so much for getting back to me. I didn't think to check your blog for tips.

Shop with Banzai Hobby!