Author Topic: Overall Favourite Mecha (Any Universe)  (Read 769 times)

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
Overall Favourite Mecha (Any Universe)
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:06:57 PM »
Lets have some quality bonding time…

A Couple of Categories…If you have trouble choosing you can name more than one.

1.What is your overall favourite Mecha design? (It can be from any universe so feel free to post pictures too.)

2.Your overall favourite kit that you've built/customised/modified.

3.You favourite Pilot overall.

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
Re: Overall Favourite Mecha (Any Universe)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 03:49:55 PM »

1.What is your overall favourite Mecha design? (It can be from any universe so feel free to post pictures too.)

1. Rick Dias. Monoeye, chunky as fuck, pilot is hot.

2. Sinanju Stein. Katoki long legs, loved modding that rifle.

hosting

3. Gundam Pilot, definitely plain 'ol naive test pilot Kou Iraki. A non-whiny uncomplicated non-newtype. 

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 09:39:36 PM »
Hot, as in a hot shot? Yeah, I hear with a mega bazooka launcher he never misses…Unless they dodge.
 :P
Great choices there.

Also that mod job is freaking…god..like…I need a flannel or something for the drool on my keyboard. *Homer Simpson drool sound effect*

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 01:14:39 PM »
Hot, as in a hot shot? Yeah, I hear with a mega bazooka launcher he never misses…Unless they dodge.
Great choices there.

Also that mod job is freaking…god..like…I need a flannel or something for the drool on my keyboard. *Homer Simpson drool sound effect*

haha I really did not do a lot of modification on this kit, just a different paint job and a few third-party bits. It's a shame as the paint work kind of bricked it up posing wise and if I move it any other way it falls to bits. I would relish another chance with this kit but as the shelf fills with intended projects, it will be some time.

I could read into your definition of hot in a number of homo-erotic ways that makes uncomfortable thoughts occur. Quattro Bajeena is hot, and a weird crush of mine my wife likely finds pretty disturbing. He's tall, blonde, principled and slightly insane. I bet he gives great manly hugs to make me feel all safe and protected like.

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »
Great choices there.

haha I really did not do a lot of modification on this kit, just a different paint job and a few third-party bits. It's a shame as the paint work kind of bricked it up posing wise and if I move it any other way it falls to bits. I would relish another chance with this kit but as the shelf fills with intended projects, it will be some time.

I could read into your definition of hot in a number of homo-erotic ways that makes uncomfortable thoughts occur. Quattro Bajeena is hot, and a weird crush of mine my wife likely finds pretty disturbing. He's tall, blonde, principled and slightly insane. I bet he gives great manly hugs to make me feel all safe and protected like.

Well, I'm much of the mind that the man's a sociopath….And thus, I cannot like him. But fair play, he's definitely pretty on the eyes. Also, I'm sure your wife isn't worried. He is, after all…Fictional. I swear innocence in the comment there though. Although, usually, my jokes do have a double meaning, in this case…The innuendo passed me by.

TimMather

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 01:34:44 PM »
1) been thinking about this for an hour and my mind keeps going back to type of design, not really a single suit but an aesthetic that has been rendered alot by designers but yet to see any type of mech do it well. here is a load of pics of what i mean

so my favorite design has never been made into a kit :(

2) audley full armor dussack, the kit was a total joy, none of the stress like putting a bandai kit together, a huge model, same height as a mg sinanju perhaps abit simple and bigger parts but the parts are cast well and full of detail. design is really cool.

3) ??? dont really watch the cartoons but like the woman who pilots the kshatriya

PenguinSteve

• Artist that takes breaks with Gunpla
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 04:34:46 AM »
1.Metal Gear Rex, let's be real for a minute. Gundams are awesome but Rex has the potential of being a reality and that...that would be pretty neat.

2.Favorite Kit is MG Gundam Alex. The kit itself was nothing fantastic to build, but I bought it when I was 13 and it was the first time I felt like I was doing something constructive with my time rather than "this is a toy"

3. Shiro of Gundam 08th MS Team, the most grounded and truly inspiring character of Gundam.

CupcakeMecha

• View Profile
    • facebook.com/cupcakemecha
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 05:58:40 PM »
1. My favorite overall Mecha design is probably F91. I love his chest design and he seems so well rounded on combat. Hoping for a MG 2.0 or RG one day.
2. My favorite kit that I built was my GP04 Bust.  I learned a lot, and it was well received. 
3. My favorite pilot was Shiro Amada as he just didn't care about opinions and rocked his own thing.

image upload for forums

free image upload

Rusty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 05:46:44 AM »
1. My favorite mecha design would be 00 Seven Sword from MSG00

2. Despite having built two 00-0000 Gundam, my favorite build would be my last, an MG Astray Red Frame Kai from the MSG Seed Astray manga

3. And my favorite pilot is Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass.
Speaking of that, I cannot wait for the third season. I have been saying that he was alive for the last 8 years, but no-one believed me.
If Code Geass does not count, then I would go with Lockon Stratos (the original Lockon not his brother)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:50:57 AM by Rusty »

Ryuken 76

• Wolves lose no sleep over the opinion of sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »
1. My favorite overall Mecha design is probably F91. I love his chest design and he seems so well rounded on combat. Hoping for a MG 2.0 or RG one day.
2. My favorite kit that I built was my GP04 Bust.  I learned a lot, and it was well received. 
3. My favorite pilot was Shiro Amada as he just didn't care about opinions and rocked his own thing.

image upload for forums

free image upload
The F91 was made to look like a sports car apparently,you can see it in the chest as it looks like a porshe front end complete with headlights and grill.

patrick_modelnut

• View Profile
    • My Blog: patrickmodelnut: Pats Model and Gunpla Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 11:44:29 PM »
1. Fave Mecha Design- The Dom family and all its variants. I would have to say the ultimate variant of
the Dom- the Dwadge, is my favers.

2.Fave kit that I Built- HGUC Hazel as it was my first Gunpla kit! It is just such a nice design as well. I initially knew nothing about
Gundam U.C, I just thought the Hazel looked cool. This kit showed me how fun Gunpla can be and
at the time was a much needed distraction from more ""serious"" models. It reminded me that I'm doing this for enjoyment. It also started a slight obsession
with the U.C timeline.

3. Fave Pilot- Bernie from War in The Pocket. Why? because hes a male hero character that doesn't bitch and complain the whole time. (please see Banagher and Kamille)
One thing I HATE about Unicorn is how whiny Banager is . In Pocket, Bernie does his job, takes his orders, and dies a senseless death in a meaningless battle. He is a grunt,
and war is fought and won by regular grunts.
Pat aka Patrick Modelnut

Sieg Zeon!

https://patrickmodelnut.wordpress.com/

Ryuken 76

• Wolves lose no sleep over the opinion of sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 12:45:09 AM »
Fave suit, Sinanju because it looks so regal and instead of just a colour change you know this was made especially for Full Frontal with the shiny gold chest,wrist etc emblems making this look like an old suit of armour,letting people know exactly where this suits loyalties lie.

Fave kit, Infinite Justice,I didn't like the pink colour or the head camera at first but it really grew on me and it's easy to mod etc especially the shoulders and front skirts.

Fave pilot, Mikazuki Augus from IBO,he doesn't winge or wine and just gets the job done.

rockpopandchips

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 11:30:24 AM »
1) Has to be  Machine Messiah from Five Star Stories, it is simply amazing to look at but then so is most of the FSS artwork.

2) Thats tricky my favoret build would be the Motor king Zaku tank that I have most recently finished because I pushed my skills and learnt so much from it but then there is the MSN-04 Sazabi Ver.Ka just because it was a pleasure to build even thought I have only snapped it together.

3) Has to be Jason from battle of the planets, he was the original bad ass for me.

Paint Pusher

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 11:59:03 AM »
1) my All time favorite mecha is MEGAS XLR

2) My favorite kit that I've built is the Sazabi ver ka. It's just sooooo perfectly designed. Everything moves, looks, and fits perfect as is...  Which annoyed me a bit because I couldn't do anything to it. why messed with perfection. I did paint it my way but didn't mess with anything else... ok the gun just to soothe the itch... but none the less- pure perfection- VERY amaze with the kit.

Custom wise- my favorite build is my "Head Hunter" build... Came from spare parts, and a head base I got free from a magazine. I imagine if I was in one of the gundam universe(s)- this is probably the thing I'll be going around in....or running from stuff in.

3) My favorite pilot is Coop. Because come on.... IT'S COOP!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:03:12 PM by Paint Pusher »

Redval89

• Architect by Profession / Gunpla Builder Hobbyist
  • Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • RedvalGunpla1989
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 10:12:48 AM »

1. Maybe all time Favorite Mecha Design is the Gundam G-Self Perfect Pack, I like how powerful it is and its weird Design.

2. My favorite kit that I build for now is the HGBF 1/144 GM Sniper Azkal. Maybe the first to be modified, scribe, and painted w/ airbrush is precious to me.

3. Fave pilot would be Mikazuki Augus & Amuro Ray. Mika for being an Ideal pilot for war, obedient and deadly. Capt. Amuro Ray maybe for being a legendary pilot and I really like how he grow-up from a winy private child to a responsible military guy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:14:23 AM by Redval89 »