Author Topic: Upcoming kits  (Read 2607 times)

Ryuken 76

• Wolves lose no sleep over the opinion of sheep
    • View Profile
Upcoming kits
« on: November 09, 2016, 01:55:18 AM »
What do you guys think of this kit?? It's a Daban brand which along with Dragon Momoko have really improved over the last few years IMO.

OtakuOnABudget

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • Otaku On A Budget
Re: Upcoming kits
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 03:36:59 AM »
I think it's pretty boss. Daban and DM have come a long way and have surpassed other 3rd party manufacturers by leaps and bounds in terms of quality, though still not at Bandai's level. I believe they should just focus on doing these detail up / resin kit turned into model-kit versions instead of straight copies of Bandai designs...or go one step further and get people from the custom building community to sell/share their designs for mass production... I've always wanted a Grieier lol...

http://gxhobby.net/2013-11-13-09-09-46/50-news/hobby-showcase/311-masterpiece-yams-130b-greifer-built-by-takuya

I'm cheap. Deal with it.  http://otakuonabudget.blogspot.com/

Ryuken 76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 04:48:15 AM »
Yes I couldn't agree more, I like these detail-up versions better than straight copies which ain't worth it IMO.

Josh Twobad

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 10:25:40 AM »
Looking at the 1/100 Hazel. there's indeed some great potential for third parties and I would love to see some more resins turned to plastic.
However, it's strange how "they" (whoever designs those transitions) usually screw-up to capture the essence of a design, changing it here and there to the point where it doesn't look cool anymore e.g. the Gerbera Tetra and Sazabi Evo (originally by Studio Reckless) or the High Nu and Kämpfer Conversion kits.
Facebook - Twobad

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 03:03:32 PM »
Looking at the 1/100 Hazel. there's indeed some great potential for third parties and I would love to see some more resins turned to plastic.
However, it's strange how "they" (whoever designs those transitions) usually screw-up to capture the essence of a design, changing it here and there to the point where it doesn't look cool anymore e.g. the Gerbera Tetra and Sazabi Evo (originally by Studio Reckless) or the High Nu and Kämpfer Conversion kits.

I got the same feeling for the new DM Zeta, I was going to order one but on closer inspection the panel lines are completely overdone.

Ryuken 76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:40:58 AM »
I just purchased a Daban MG Jesta Cannon for US$39 which is a lot cheaper than US$295 that I've seen on Ebay etc,other than that I don't bother buying the straight copies of kits because Bandai just does it better.BTW while I'm here has anyone seen this before?

It's a Dragon Momoko PG kit and has custom decals and extra detail,panel lines etc.It comes with

2 x Hyper Bazooka
2 x Hyper Beam Javelin
LED unit + Remote controller
Custom decals
Custom backpack
4 x Beam Gatling Gun [2 pairs]
2 x Shield
Beam Magnum
and it's only around US$150 which compared to Bandai is pretty cheap so I'm definitely tempted.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:54:21 AM by Ryuken 76 »

Hasaki

• The Old School
    • View Profile
    • hasakiart.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 06:57:18 PM »
P-Bandai Exclusive: MG 1/100 RMS-179 GM II
(Release Date: Jan 2017, Price: 3,780 yen)

Although I welcome more UC releases but that this GM looks too damn plain for a MG.

TimMather

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 01:17:43 AM »
there is alot for cool stuff coming out of china at the moment and also non gundam mecha stuff from japan also, im starting to notice a pattern. with 3rd party and non bandai mech stuff you are starting to see what proper modellers want from their kits that bandai never offer, proper high scale model detail.

talking of 3rd party, this injection molded 1/35 bust is going to be awesome...

Fushido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 01:26:59 AM »
I need, like 30.
Never stop improving, there's always something new to learn.

Ryuken 76

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 10:17:30 AM »
Stevie Wonder could see this one coming from space

Siwrx

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • Hangar-MK
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »
Do you mean Bandai doing a re-bawoo or the release being a p-Bandai ? Second option was definitely predictable if the 1st one was going ahead, still a nice kit though, a shame for the price

Ryuken 76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 01:12:41 AM »
Do you mean Bandai doing a re-bawoo or the release being a p-Bandai ? Second option was definitely predictable if the 1st one was going ahead, still a nice kit though, a shame for the price
Yeah I meant both ;D and yes It is a nice kit,I was gonna get the HG version until I heard they were doing a RE 100 Bawoo a few months ago,as for price it is a shame but I'll still get one because it's been on my want list for ages and why Bandai thinks this won't sell as well as the Bawoo I'll never know.

Hasaki

• The Old School
    • View Profile
    • hasakiart.blogspot.com
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 12:01:10 PM »
Now this surprised me:

MG 1/100 Providence Gundam
(Release Date: Mar 2017, Price: 5,400 yen)

MG ZZ ver.KA finally arriving damn it  ;D

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 01:06:09 PM »
The Providence looks killer. Take days to panel line. Coincidence that a third party kit is released in the week before the official bandai and with the same level of detail. I was contemplating the third party but I'll wait at least you know the quality of bandai kits.  Ill give the ZZ a skip could end up being over complicated. I love the ver. Ka look which should suit the ZZ perfectly I'm just not into the ZZ enough the spend probably in the region of 7,000 yen on it.

Looked at the new Ibo kits and the suits look savage. I'm not a 144 type of guy but the Ibo could persuade me otherwise.

Ryuken 76

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 12:00:24 AM »
New Kotobukiya coming next year,looks nice.