Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 481 times)

PenguinSteve

• Artist that takes breaks with Gunpla
    • View Profile
Introduce yourself
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:50:26 AM »
There are a lot of YouTubers, Instagramers, Facebookers, and whatever you call people on Twitter on here. But I would like to take a couple of minutes for members to talk about what they do, not just with kits, but life in general. We are pretty interesting people, so lets get to know each other.

Hello, I'm Steve from North Carolina. I live in Louisville with my wife and baby daughter. My wife is in school and I work and take care of the little one. I recently have gotten back into Gunpla after years. It started as a way for me to de-stress and work on something constructive in my down time. I also do art and have been in a couple of shows the past few years. If anyone ever wants to talk about art, Gunpla, or even juggling family time and work time feel free to message me. I have a couple of projects in the works so I will be posting WIP pretty regularly. I look forward to hearing about you!

PenguinSteve

blacklotus

• View Profile
    • My FB page
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 10:07:33 PM »
Hello, I am George at home, and Johnny at work (since i have 2 surnames i go go by both of them) and Black Lotus as i model.
I am and IT engineer in a refrigerator factory in Romania, and in my spare time a full time starter of never ending WIP for Gunpla projects that hope one day i'll finish (i am optimistic by nature ), but latly i have turned into a backlog collector ( :( ).
I am a father of a beautiful 4 and a half daughter and in february (i hope everything goes alright), my family will welcome a baby boy.
I've been in this hobby since 2005-2006, more watching for the shadows then sharing (hope i'll change that), and it all started with gundam SEED, and searching for the anime episodes online i found the model kits background.

Black Lotus   

OtakuOnABudget

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • Otaku On A Budget
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 12:14:01 AM »
Greetings and salutations! I'm Paulo from the Philippines. I go by OtakuOnABudget on most social media and forums, and operate a blog with the same name. I work in the IT industry as well, doing Analytics for an American hard drive brand.  I'm married and have a 3-year old son, so like many of you my modeling time is limited to a maximum of 8 hours scattered throughout a week.  I've been in the hobby for about 4 years, but I have a lot more to learn, so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work and hopefully pick up a thing or two about how you guys build such awesome models!  :)
I'm cheap. Deal with it.  http://otakuonabudget.blogspot.com/

Fushido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 04:52:44 AM »
Yo. My name is Reisig, but in most online circumstances I go by either Soulless or Fushido. I live in Columbus Ohio and am hoping to start college soon. I've been making models now for almost a year, and I've been watching Gundam for about as long. I really hope to learn a lot here.
Also in case anyone is wondering what Fushido means or where it comes from, it's actually a typo that I made making an account of mine awhile back that I liked to much to not use . It's supposed to be Fushicho which I believe is the Romanized version of one of the Japanese words for phoenix (If it's not, then I blame books ;D)
I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Never stop improving, there's always something new to learn.

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 02:16:44 PM »
An interesting mix of folks here and a good idea for a further expansion from the welcome board :)

My name is Simon, I live in the south of England with my wife and 2 boys, and I am a graphic designer both freelance and in-house for a large pet supply retailer. I've been into making gunpla models since 2012 and have steadily developed it into an obsession, as well as being a large advocate and volunteer for the international mecha-modelling community (which by comparison to other hobbies is very good natured).

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 12:01:37 AM »
Hi
I'm also a simon but hailing from Kildare in ireland. I'm new to gunpla only discovered the hobby back in April. I found out about it from watching the tested YouTube channel. My other big I've is star wars Lego my biggest set there being the slave 1 ultimate collectors edition. So I'm big into sci Fi. I've watched anime since I was 16 enjoying ghost in the shell, akira, Macross and the like. I've also dabbled in other kits like airfix aircraft, sorry, and Tamiya bikes.
I have a very understanding girlfriend who, for the first time, isn't put out by the fact that my spray booth is set up on the dining room table. I also have a 4 year old boy who I hope will join in the fun of building big robots........
I'm a chef by trade which means that I do most of my building and painting when I get home and everyone has gone to bed, handy when your breaking out the lacquers!
This ia probably the first hobby community that I feel I belong to have for the first time happily contribute to. It's amazing to be able to chat to some if the more experienced and dare I say it celebrity builders and not feel like a thick for asking what is probably an obvious question.
Thanks guys and gals for being so welcoming and look forward to some awesome builds, tips and banter.

Ryuken 76

• Wolves lose no sleep over the opinion of sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 01:43:02 AM »
OK here goes,my real name is David and I live in the Western part of Sydney, NSW Australia.40 yrs old with 2 boys ages 21 and 20 and a daughter of 11 yrs,I've been into mech etc since I was about 9 yrs old and have been building Gunpla since about 2012.My first kit was a Patlabor,Phantomlabor kit that I built back in 1988,I then built a few car kits over the years and then stopped for about 25 yrs to have kids etc.Then I discovered Gundam back in 2012 and was hooked from the start,the rest is history,anyway hope to make some friends and see some awesome kits  :) :) :) :)

TrueGunpla

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 05:18:10 AM »
Sure why not,

My Name is Joel.
I go by TrueGunpla or TRVENEMY online mainly. I live in NC currently but I have lived most of my life in Florida.  I am also a metal\hardcore vocalist for several bands\projects and have been for years. (if you are interested in listening to any of my projects PM me). I also work IT Support and just started a part time job with Ubisoft. I have been doing "freelance" graphic work for years and recently started to mess around with videography\editing as well. 

I have only been building Gunpla for the past year or so. Always been a huge fan of the show but never got exposed to the kits till later on. Build Fighters got me into building Gunpla honestly..... 10\10 product placement. After getting hooked on the idea of building, I started the countless hours of research before buying my first kit and supplies. I think I started off with watching ZakuAurelius, Type V3, rrobbert184 and others on youtube, lurked around on Reddit and other online forums. Now that I have my Instagram running. I plan on finally making my YouTube channel soon, I hope to work with some of you soon and looking forward to your posts and amazing builds.

Multiyogibear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
Hi, I'm Richard from Cork, Ireland and I go multiyogibear all over the web.

I am a computer technician with a small computer shop. I build when ever I can, usually at my computer desk trying to watch stuff as I am drowning in my media backlog.

I was on an episode of the anime addicts anonymous podcast and got an honorary bachelor of arts in gundam from pope mitsugi, due to me having seen 90% of all gundam shows.

slowly getting into more advanced techniques and wishing that their someone nearby that I could directly ask and get immediate critiques from

Alexdadoof

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • Alexdadoof Studios YT
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »
Hi

I'm Alex online known as Alexdadoof
New Jersey native, and like most of you - was introduced to the Gundam world through Gundam Wing on TV in the 90's / early 2000's
My first kit ever was the old 1/144 Epyon.
I'm an expat living in South Korea where Gunpla is a LOT more affordable than it is in the US.
so i've been at it for the past 6 of the 7 years i've been here in South Korea.

Currently don't have the space in my current apartment to have an airbrush set up, though i did at my old apartment.
so i've been experimenting with spraypaint which has been fun.

anyways~  nice to meet yall
having a community where everyone is nice to each other is great.   Youtube's got some really nasty people...

Have a great day!
Check out my YouTube @ Alexdadoof Studios
Facebook @ Alexdadoof Studios
Instagram @ Alexdadoof

Redval89

• Architect by Profession / Gunpla Builder Hobbyist
  • Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • RedvalGunpla1989
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 09:25:21 AM »
Good day everyone, I'm Lunel from Davao, Philippines and I'm Redval89 or Redval1989 as a gunpla builder. I'm a freelance Architect and waiting for another client/project to come and if I'm not busy with work thats the time I can build gunpla usually weekdays. Gundam Wing introduced me in gunpla then my first kit is the NG 1/144 Rising Gundam from gundam G. I just came back building gunpla when I finish my college then bought the MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka and it is the very first kit that I painted using spraycans.

I like forums, back when facebook or friendster not yet existed and luckily find Mecha Lounge and I like it. Happy Building everyone SEE YA!

DZMaven

• View Profile
    • DZMaven on Wordpress, Video Reviews and Gunpla Galleries
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 09:04:33 PM »
I'm Dave from Virginia, USA. I go by DZMaven here, Reddit, and Youtube.
I've doing gunpla since about 1998. I've amassed quite a collection over the years. Took a break form it all around 2012 and got back into it a couple years ago.
I did a lot of painted builds when I was younger but as my living situation changed I can't do them as often so I do the best at straight building I can more often these days.
As for the show itself, I got introduced to Wing when it came out on Toonami like many at the turn of the century. Since then, I've seen most of Gundam's offerings. I would say I enjoy Zeta and Gundam 00 the most.

I've started doing reviews of gunpla kits, both old and new on my channel last year.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMnC0oW2SMHd1dnkfVzzOEQ
I would appreciate anyone checking out my channel and feedback.
My Youtube with my Gunpla Reviews!
https://www.youtube.com/user/DZMaven