Author Topic: Sleeves version  (Read 235 times)

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
Sleeves version
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:33:07 PM »
Hi guys

I'm hoping to do a sleeves version of a Zaku II 2.0. I'm not that great at scratch building and I'm wondering if there is any 3rd party option set? I would even consider resin or if someone had the 1/144 kyshatriya and able to do a resin cast of the chest and sleeves? Any advice or options appreciated.

Thanks

PenguinSteve

• Artist that takes breaks with Gunpla
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeves version
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 03:02:11 PM »
Are you looking to do a build like it has had battle damage and the sleeves have 'restored' it or are you going the way of it's been maintained and upgraded over time? There are a couple of ways you could go about it either way to save on cost and you wouldn't have to get any hard to find kits to steal parts from either.

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »
Are you looking to do a build like it has had battle damage and the sleeves have 'restored' it or are you going the way of it's been maintained and upgraded over time? There are a couple of ways you could go about it either way to save on cost and you wouldn't have to get any hard to find kits to steal parts from either.
I want it to look like the pilot is an elite who has been rewarded with upgraded sleeves version. I'm looking for any ideas I will at this stage try to scratch build but in a way that I won't mess up the kit. Any ideas appreciated

MerrittFilban

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • MerrittFilban.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 12:22:38 AM »
Unfortunately, you probably won't find a Kit that has a Sleeves Zaku.  The Sleeves are formed from the Remnants of the Second Neo Zeon Movement in U.C. 0096.  The Zaku II has since long been replaced by the Gear Doga / Geara Zulu in this era as the main Grunt mobile suit for this faction.  There are still Zaku's around, but they are either in a museum or operating as a Guerrilla unit on Earth.  There are some Custom Builds of Zaku III out there.

Your best bet is to either build your own scratch-built versions, or similarly  find existing sleeves Kits (there are also P-Bandai Sleeves versions of several kits) and utilize those.

StryderPrime has a great WIP series on a Custom-built Sleeves Bawoo.  This is a great place to learn about creating this detail from scratch.  Good luck!!!  (also, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sleeves version of every Zeon/Neo Zeon mobile suit ^.^ )