Author Topic: A tragic loss  (Read 321 times)

cielodeusx

• View Profile
A tragic loss
« on: May 10, 2017, 06:42:18 PM »
8 Days ago my fellow builders I lost the first person who inspired me to build. My mother passed away tuesday may 2nd after a 30 year long struggle with cancer. She first got sick when I was 4 years old and though it cost her a kidney and her reproductive organs she fought that fucker off hard. 20 years later it came back this time spreading to her pancreas again it cost her part of an organ and daily insulin injections but she won again. This time though there was no hope it didn't respond to treatment and there was no hope for surgery.

As I said my mother taught me to build and made it a life long love for me. First it was lego kits which she would build with me. Then when I moved on to models she'd just sit with me and watch as I built. I built the RG astray red frame in her room at the hospice facility and she was amazed by it.

Death is hard and comes with a lot of unexpected problem. I set up a go fund me to help me and my partner make it through the hard times https://www.gofundme.com/helpthroughhardtimes . If anyone wanted to contribute that would be amazing but not at all expected. But if any of my betters the builders I look up to with A larger social media presence could spread the word it would mean the world to me gents.

P.S. I've decided that I'm going to build a PG wing zero custom in her honor when I feel I have the skills to do her justice; cause like most little boys my mum was an angel to me

Othikent

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
Re: A tragic loss
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 06:47:09 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about you loss.

rockpopandchips

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 04:26:29 PM »
Sorry to hear such sad news.

Ryuken 76

• Wolves lose no sleep over the opinion of sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:50:12 AM »
sorry for your loss mate.

blacklotus

• View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 07:53:00 AM »
sorry for your loss

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »
So sorry to read this old chap you have my condolences

cielodeusx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 03:15:22 PM »
thank you all so much for your kind words. Between here and the response to our Gofundme on twitter it's made the last week finally begin to be bearable.