Author Topic: Hello from Saskatchewan!  (Read 150 times)

Lemonscout

• View Profile
Hello from Saskatchewan!
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:06:26 PM »
Hello all!

I've been straightbuilding kits for around five or six years now, but have always been interested in the painting/customizing of gunpla. Currently working on my first serious painting project, being a Graze Ground Type from IBO (stay tuned for WIP). I consider myself to be an amateur modeler at best, having built only around eleven kits or so. Although I usually don't paint the plastic, I still try to make the kits look their best by panel lining, applying decals (where tasteful), and adding in small details. I would say my favorite scale is the Real Grade lineup, and I enjoy designs from almost all Gundam series, in particular the Universal Century designs (especially grunt suits, hello GM Sniper II).

Outside of modeling, I am a student, musician, and amateur photographer. Gunpla is a therapeutic hobby for me, allowing me to feel like I've accomplished something awesome, and drown out the stress of exams from time to time.

I look forward to being a larger part of the community, and learning a lot from all of you!

Lemonscout

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
Re: Hello from Saskatchewan!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:49:38 PM »
Welcome to the mecha lounge! I think many modellers find this hobby very therapeutic, I know I do!

rockpopandchips

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Saskatchewan!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »

Hi Lemonscout, welcome aboard.

Some people meditate or do yoga, I build and paint plastic stuff....... :o