Author Topic: 1/100 Graze Ground Type [IWH] WIP  (Read 147 times)

Lemonscout

• View Profile
1/100 Graze Ground Type [IWH] WIP
« on: May 19, 2017, 10:51:24 PM »
A few months ago, I decided that I was finally going to venture into the world of painting gunpla. The proper way, not the overconfident attempts that were created when I first started 5 or 6 years ago. When I began searching, Iron Blooded Orphans was just wrapping up its first season, and kits were being pumped out en masse. One design that had really grown on me was that of the Graze, for it's simplistic design and use throughout the entirety of the season, occasionally to great effectiveness. Thus, when I had learned from reviews that the 1/100 version of the Graze Custom was a solid, attractive looking kit, with some awesome extras, I decided to order one for myself.

I was inspired by the frame of ZakuAurelius' Jagd Doga build, being a color other than the standard gunmetal or gray. I figured it would fit well when applied to a mobile suit where the inner frame is constantly visible. This is where the IW of [IWH] comes in. Building lore for the build, IW stands for Inclement Weather, explaining the frame color to be a coating to improve resistance to conditions that would cripple most mobile suits. The remaining H, stands for Heavy. How I intend to display it most of the time is with as much equipment as possible, equipping the bazooka shoulders and Ground Type equipment in addition to the standard loadout. One man army? Maybe not, but this is one of the few suits I think looks good loaded for bear.

The kit has been built for quite a while, only having time to get into the nitty gritty recently. Currently I'm at the stage of hiding the few seam lines on the kit, and filling in the hollow spaces that reside in quite visible areas. Outside of the kit, I'm testing the primer and frame color (Tamiya's Maroon) on ye olde plastic spoon, waiting for both the primer and epoxy to cure fully

I hope to have the majority of the kit primed, and the frame ready to go by the end of the long weekend, but we shall see what the future holds! Enjoy!