Author Topic: MG Jesta Scorpius  (Read 261 times)

Vae1711

• View Profile
MG Jesta Scorpius
« on: July 27, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »
Hello people.

I've been working on this project for a while and it's nearly done. I've realized just now that I haven't posted anything here yet, so here's the full WIP of my Jesta.
Since it's already posted and formatted on my blog, I won't copy / paste everything here. But I understand you guys prefer a sneak peek before clicking a link, so here are several pictures of my WIP. For more details, visit here : https://vaesgunpla.wordpress.com/tag/jesta/

This WIP has received quite a lot of downvotes from Reddit, but no actual criticism. I hope you guys will let me know what you think so I can improve !

sneeper1980

• Administrator
  • Just Lounging
    • View Profile
    • Sneepers robot garage
Re: MG Jesta Scorpius
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 04:47:38 PM »
looks like the down votes on reddit are not really valid in my opinion! use of the pla plate is tasteful and not overdone in my opinion. The only crit I see and mind you its a small one. I see a little bit of decal silvering on some of the decals. and its minimal at best. the build looks really good in my opinion. paint looks cool and the gatling mods are nice

rockpopandchips

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
Well i like it the shoulders in particular are very nice, only the plate on the front of the knee looks out of place to me, maybe a diferent shape will help, other than that great work and very clean.

Keep at it and have fun.

Ryuken 76

• Wolves lose no sleep over the opinion of sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 12:43:28 AM »
Looks great,definitely a lot of work was involved,just a few small odd plaplate shapes for my liking but otherwise an awesome job.

Vae1711

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 06:01:31 AM »
Ah, thanks guys, those are really solid criticisms.

Yeah, I've had troubles with my decals but I don't really understand why. Maybe it has to do with decal quality, since it's third party ?
I apply a gloss top-coat beforehand, and sealed it behind the (last) top-coat : a flat one. What did I di wrong in your opinion ?

As for the plate on the knee, I guess it stands out as odd compared to the rest of the shapes, yeah.

Any pieces of advice for the damn shoulder radiators I ended up not making ?

Thanks !

sneeper1980

• Administrator
  • Just Lounging
    • View Profile
    • Sneepers robot garage
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 12:05:41 AM »
Ah, thanks guys, those are really solid criticisms.

Yeah, I've had troubles with my decals but I don't really understand why. Maybe it has to do with decal quality, since it's third party ?
I apply a gloss top-coat beforehand, and sealed it behind the (last) top-coat : a flat one. What did I di wrong in your opinion ?

As for the plate on the knee, I guess it stands out as odd compared to the rest of the shapes, yeah.

Any pieces of advice for the damn shoulder radiators I ended up not making ?

Thanks !

I honestly wouldn't say you did anything wrong...sometimes decals are hit or miss. specially as you stated that they are third party aftermarket decals. sometimes they just silver.. don't let that get you down. like I said I think the build is solid! just keep doing what you are doing!

MoChanAmazing

• MoChanAmazing
  • Seize The Day
    • View Profile
    • Gunpla Quick Kits
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 02:15:04 AM »
It looks really nice, I love the final colour scheme you gave it. I definitely should try pla-plating in the future.