Author Topic: PG 1/60 Gundam MKII TITANS + 1/60th Stand  (Read 117 times)

MrAdam5

• View Profile
PG 1/60 Gundam MKII TITANS + 1/60th Stand
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:09:04 PM »
Been a while since I've posted a WIP. Here's my PG MKII so far.
This was my first PG kit so I wanted to keep it simple, "paint by numbers" kind of thing. So no custom modifications or anything, just paint and decals. I did, however, try to do color modulation here. I'm not sure if I did it "right" because it just kind of turned into a base coat, then shadow, then highlights with darker and lighter colors respectively. And that just worked for me and I like how it turned out.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:41:30 AM by MrAdam5 »
Instagram: MrAdamGundam

sneeper1980

• Administrator
  • Just Lounging
    • View Profile
    • Sneepers robot garage
Re: PG 1/60 Gundam MKII TITANS
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 07:29:30 PM »
looks great so far man! Im bulding this exact kit right now myself! cool I will keep checking in on your progress! keep up the good work.

MrAdam5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:29:49 AM »
looks great so far man! Im bulding this exact kit right now myself! cool I will keep checking in on your progress! keep up the good work.
Thanks man. Been putting a lot of effort into this one. Its a pretty good kit. This being my only PG I'm not sure if this is representative of the newer kits (probably not), but its still a fun and unique build. Lots of neat mechanisms in the legs.
Also, if you're painting, try to leave the connection points for each leg section clean. They slide together pretty tightly, as I've found out.

I've now finished the legs, completing the main body. Just weapons left, but I'm going to focus on my build-off entry now since there's only a month left! Oops.

MrAdam5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 12:41:03 AM »
Thought I'd share my thoughts on this 3rd-Party 1/60th Scale base, since these older PG don't actually come with a base.
Picked this up off Ebay, $19.99USD, called the "PG Universal Bracket." I believe it comes in a black and a clear. I got the black. Plastic is actually pretty good, I don't believe its ABS. The plastic is "softer" than Bandai PS, but its a very sturdy stand once together.
I'm pretty sure this is just a direct copy of the PG 00 Riser's stand. But it works. The arms actually transform on this to allow you to display, say, a Skygrasper and a Strike on the same base. In my picture I have it configured for a single kit, but the support leg can detach and open up as the smaller display arm and another support arm folds out from the large arm. Its actually pretty cool and convenient; no parts swapping. There are also 2 smaller holes on the base. They can hold a regular Bandai 1/100 display arm.
The black finish is very glossy, so finger prints and dust collect pretty easily, so I'll probably top coat in flat.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:44:04 AM by MrAdam5 »

sneeper1980

• Administrator
  • Just Lounging
    • View Profile
    • Sneepers robot garage
Re: PG 1/60 Gundam MKII TITANS + 1/60th Stand
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 05:53:43 PM »
I have that same stand and was considering it for this build too....hmmm great minds think alike I guess! keep up the progress. question did you use the stock LED that Bandai provided for the eyes and head camera? I think its on the dull side personally, not bright enough for my taste. I was going to swap out the stock one for one of my own.

MrAdam5

• View Profile
Re: PG 1/60 Gundam MKII TITANS + 1/60th Stand
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:38:39 AM »
I have that same stand and was considering it for this build too....hmmm great minds think alike I guess! keep up the progress. question did you use the stock LED that Bandai provided for the eyes and head camera? I think its on the dull side personally, not bright enough for my taste. I was going to swap out the stock one for one of my own.

I just used the included LED. I think the eyes light up fine, but it doesn't transfer very well to the head camera. That could maybe be helped by painting the edges of the clear plastic in chrome to help direct it. Or maybe even add another LED to the mohawk?