Author Topic: Well hello, strangers!  (Read 546 times)

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
Well hello, strangers!
« on: September 12, 2016, 07:10:01 PM »
So after a period of messing about with this forum it has now officially open and I have no idea how many people are going to sign up to become active members of this community. Whatever happens, happens :)

The Mecha Lounge has been revived as I think there is just something missing with modern social media. Archiving - You can't look back on posts you saw a while back that gave you a good idea or had some nice advice! Questions - Experienced modellers are reluctant to answer any questions with any real depth, as they've been asked the same questions over and over again. This leads to quite a lot of misunderstanding and accusations of (derp) elitism. Community - bit of a vague one this, but it really feels like there are so many groups on social media that everyone is essentially a part of one big group anyway - albeit a super huge and confusing one with varying levels of skill. Would it not be nice if it were a little smaller, and just for people who are really serious about the hobby?

Anyway, my rambling ends here. If you've just arrived then hello, and welcome to the Mecha Lounge. I raise a glass to you all and look forward to getting to now you all again :)