Author Topic: Zaku 2 Assault  (Read 179 times)

Multiyogibear

• View Profile
Zaku 2 Assault
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »
This is my Zaku 2 Assault. This is many first's for me starting with plaplate so I kept it simple with just up armouring the chest and shields, I also left a cut-out on the chest so that the chest Vulcanís can still fire. I used the bazooka's magazines as under shield rocket launchers. In my mind this is meant to fulfil a similar role as the dom which is to roll in quick, deal heavy damage and get out. This is the first build that I have finished that I have painted, in simple black because I can't get how to mask properly. Thanks for giving me a reason to push my abilities :)

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
Re: Zaku 2 Assault
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 02:55:05 PM »
A fair attempt, the all-black look could be better with some different shades and perhaps a brighter colour panel lining to give some contrast. Photographs provided are a little blurry so some aspects where not all that visible. For first-time pla plating itís not that bad, I think it looks better than my first attempts. Youíve shown a good understanding of the process of modifying stock kits for purpose. I would however advise working on foundational skills such as painting, seam line removal and panel lining before tackling heavy modification. Thank you for entering, I know entering any compo as a beginner can be a little daunting, just keep on working on those skills - youíll improve much quicker than you expect.

Multiyogibear

• View Profile
Re: Zaku 2 Assault
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »
thank you and this shows what I need to work on