Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 125 times)

viipenguin

• View Profile
Hello!
« on: November 28, 2017, 11:10:32 PM »
Hello everyone! I used to be a member of mechalounge before it closed down, probably as "Otonashi" or something. Glad to see you guys are back! I heard about it from Justinius's latest hangout.

I'm currently in LA for school, but I'm from the Chicago area. I've technically been building when I was 5, when my mom bought me a 1/144 Zoloat for my birthday (they were on discount at the local Jusco lol). I started building Gunpla intentionally around the time 00 aired. Kits are plentiful and cheap in China and Japan, so I've been accumulating kits whenever I visit family or go on vacation. Glad we're allowed 2 free suitcases for international travel...

I started painting in 2011. Started with another 1/144 Zoloat for nostalgia value. I've mostly been using spray cans, but I recently started using an airbrush. I've grown to love shading kits, but my current living situation makes it difficult to set up a workstation indoors, so I'm probably taking a break from painting.

My favorite part of the hobby is customizing kits. I love altering kits to reflect your own tastes. Even if I can't paint atm, I can still modify my kits in preparation for painting  ;D

Anyway, to a fantastic hobby. Cheers!

viipenguin

• View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 11:28:13 PM »
Ah, here are some pictures of my builds.

My first painted kit, the Zoloat SP. I've sincve forgotten what the SP stood for.

The Adele Endeavor. This actually won Best of Show for the Chiago regional of the GBWC back in 2014. I was incredibly embarrassed about the seams. Haven't slacked off on seam removal since.

The Adele Apex. Removed the seams properly this time

Delta Storm. I noticed the Buzz Lightyear colors far too late.

The Graze Falke. I want to repaint/reshade some parts due to chipping, but I've been busy and don't have space...

Grandfather Gunpla

• The Older Newer Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 05:52:43 AM »
Hello, those are some nice builds you have there!   :)
Grandfather Gunpla - Wishing you success in all of life.

viipenguin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:40:49 PM »
Thanks!

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:03:27 AM »
Welcome back old chap, always good to have a veteran back in the ranks :)