Shop with Banzai Hobby!

Author Topic: 1/144 HGUC RGM-79 'GM'  (Read 186 times)

SoftFloorMat

• View Profile
1/144 HGUC RGM-79 'GM'
« on: March 29, 2018, 11:58:48 PM »
Here is my HGUC RGM-79 ĎGMí.  The only custom work Iíve done is make a little camera sensor for the back of the head out of the spare clear blue plastic from the runner.  I also used some of Bandaiís builder hands to replace the stock closed fists.

As far as paint goes, I really fell in love with that minty green color the kit is molded in. Most GM builds I see opt for a light grey instead of this color, so I really wanted to use it in some way. The dark grey colors are actually a dark purple with the blueish grey highlighting. I used Photoshop to mock up the colors for the kit, because I really wanted to go bold, and being able to get a preview before committing to a color scheme was a really valuable asset. A goal I had was to make the shading more pronounced as my previous two kits had shading that I was really happy with in person, but once the pictures were snapped, a lot of that shading was lost.

This is also my first attempt at weathering.  I did some chipping on the feet, and then I did a few passes of oil filters and streaking. My goal was to be really subtle and err toward too little rather than too much, but there are some areas where I feel like I was too heavy handed. Iím glad I tried some new things, and Iím exciting to keep experimenting with weathering.

Lastly, I just want to thank this whole community for the constant inspiration, instruction, and positivity that everyone has been fostering by generously using their own time help others grow in this hobby!

Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:42:11 AM by SoftFloorMat »

Othikent

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
Re: 1/144 HGUC RGM-79 'GM'
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 05:48:12 AM »
Nicely done! Great weathering.

Ryuken 76

• Wolves lose no sleep over the opinion of sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:16:24 AM »
Awesome job mate,the shading looks just like the reference art.I love it.

SoftFloorMat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »
@Othikent: Thanks!

@Ryuken 76: Thank you! I definitely recommend mocking up colors digitally!

Redval89

• Gunpla Builder Hobbyist PH
  • Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • RedvalGunpla1989
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 01:20:44 AM »
great build!!! I like your weathering and painting. keep up!!!

Shop with Banzai Hobby!