Shop with Banzai Hobby!

Author Topic: What is P-Bandai?  (Read 1665 times)

Derringer

• View Profile
What is P-Bandai?
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:25:07 AM »
P-Bandai, short for Premium Bandai Webshop is a market place platform created to allow different Namco-Bandai companies and their subsidiaries the ability to sell directly to the end consumer.  Originally a Japan region e-commerce solution, it has since expanded to other countries such as Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, with other satellite fronts planned and also international delivery services through contracted intermediaries.   

Items within the P-Bandai stores can range from small production to open market items and are limited by production number and license viability for region.

As of Sept 2016, the storefronts within the P-Bandai Webshop

Bandai Collectors Shop (Tamashii Web)
Bandai Hobby Online Shop
B- Train Online Shop
Cardass
Gashapon Department Store
Asovision
Maru Premium Shop
Megatreshop
Bandai Fashion Net
Strict G
Bandai Apparel Store
Phantasien
Boys Toy Back Shop
Girls Channel Shop
TamaDepOnline Shop (Tamagotchi)
Aikatsu Style
Kiwamonoweb
Charaful-lifestyle
Gundam Cafe Online
Sun-Star Stationary Store
Namco Web Store
Disney Kidea Store
Charadeca Store
Bandai Candy Online Shop
Chara Shoku Net
Ladies Beauty Store
Creer Beaute
Primopuel Shop
Lalabit Market
Bandai Visual Club

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
Re: What is P-Bandai?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:15:17 AM »
Good info! Thanks!

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 07:52:39 PM »
Is it scarcity or price that is making a lot of the fanboys really butthurt? I keep seeing stuff everywhere where Gunpla fans are angry with Bandai over this, and are actually saying they'll buy counterfeit reproductions 'because Bandai is so out of order.'

Dead2Death

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:22:00 PM »
Definitely, it's not the scarcity because anyone who looks even a little can find the P-Bandai stuff.
The main issue is definitely the pricing. First off there is no wholesale pricing for retailers like with regular Bandai stuff, which means by default they'll sell things for about 30% more. And obviously, will increase with each extra middle man between the Bandai and the buyer. (If you live out of Japan)
Also, for international modelers outside of Asia, it feels like many of them feel rejected by Bandai by making it more difficult for them to acquire kits they want since the only way to do so is through buying from third party sellers. Which not only is more expensive through the base price of said item but also usually adding the typically more expensive international shipping.

In the end though for most people, the extra price tag is a slap in the face for buyers. But then again, the whole point of P-Bandai is for Bandai to make and sell designs they don't believe will sell well enough. Therefore they use the premium price tag to recoup costs.

In the end, though this is a hobby and people need to manage their funds properly to get what they want. And fanboys are butthurt because they just can't buy everything.

CupcakeMecha

• View Profile
    • facebook.com/cupcakemecha
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 04:21:46 PM »
Is it scarcity or price that is making a lot of the fanboys really butthurt? I keep seeing stuff everywhere where Gunpla fans are angry with Bandai over this, and are actually saying they'll buy counterfeit reproductions 'because Bandai is so out of order.'
My issue is pricing. I don't mind paying a tad extra since there will be a middle man. But take MG Altron for example.
An estimated retail of about $40 USD, going for $155-300 on ebay because there is such a limit supply and accessibility to the kit.
Very frustrating since there is no real need for a Bandai kit less than a year old to be triple the price.

DZMaven

• View Profile
    • DZMaven on Wordpress, Video Reviews and Gunpla Galleries
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 04:14:44 AM »
It's an artificial scarcity ploy by Bandai to drive up prices. Good for them, not so good for the consumer, terrible for us outside Asia. I get in some part why they do it as the economic environment in Japan has put the squeeze on many companies and they have to look for ways to make additional revenue while still providing a product but I don't have to like it. 
My Youtube with my Gunpla Reviews!
https://www.youtube.com/user/DZMaven

Ryuken 76

• Wolves lose no sleep over the opinion of sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 04:23:39 AM »
P bandai has a questionnaire on their website for people outside of Japan,they're trying to gauge the interest and viability of releasing P bandai overseas,I suggest everyone take the survey so they know we are all interested.

DZMaven

• View Profile
    • DZMaven on Wordpress, Video Reviews and Gunpla Galleries
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 09:23:49 PM »
Took me a bit to find it, but here's that questionnaire: https://p-bandai.jp/enquete/1000004100/
My Youtube with my Gunpla Reviews!
https://www.youtube.com/user/DZMaven

Shop with Banzai Hobby!