Author Topic: New MG GM Sniper  (Read 1028 times)

blacklotus

• View Profile
    • My FB page
New MG GM Sniper
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:52:57 AM »
In January we seem to get a new MG: The GM sniper: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ro/2016/09/mg-1100-gm-sniper-on-display-56th-all.html
can't wait to see more of this kit :D

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 05:10:28 PM by blacklotus »

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
Re: New MG GM Sniper
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 04:39:26 PM »
A very, very welcome new MG after a long string of personally disappointing releases.

blacklotus

• View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:13:37 PM »
i predict that after this kit is released, in the near future we'll have a P-bandai K9 sniper (following the example of the HG counterparts) 

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 08:08:25 PM »
Surprised you think the thunderbolt kits are underwhelming. Only watched December sky last night AGAIN, I'd love a kit from it. I would say that the psycho zaku looks a tad Ott but still love to get my hands on one. Would you say after the GM sniper we could see more back up/ grunt suits making their way into the MG line????

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 09:40:51 PM »
Surprised you think the thunderbolt kits are underwhelming. Only watched December sky last night AGAIN, I'd love a kit from it. I would say that the psycho zaku looks a tad Ott but still love to get my hands on one. Would you say after the GM sniper we could see more back up/ grunt suits making their way into the MG line????

I totally forgot about the Thunderbolt kits! Yep, I have been feeling those too..

Josh Twobad

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:55:21 PM »

Still hoping for a Thunderbolt Dom and Gelgoog :)
I'm skeptical about the GM Sniper being a new dawn for MG releases in general. Personally I think the RE-line looks more promising atm, especially since the RE Barbatos IS almost a MG if compared to some earlier releases.
Facebook - Twobad

blacklotus

• View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 08:16:57 PM »

Still hoping for a Thunderbolt Dom and Gelgoog :)
I'm skeptical about the GM Sniper being a new dawn for MG releases in general. Personally I think the RE-line looks more promising atm, especially since the RE Barbatos IS almost a MG if compared to some earlier releases.
i 2 want to see the thunderbolt Dom and Gelgoog... just saw the "December Sky" episode and i don't know why i'm rooting for the Zeon soldiers...  the thunderbolt zeon kits seem massive yet they are the embodiment of war ingenuity ... made to work from scraps

Simono8216

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 08:31:41 PM »
I'd say well see a p bandai thunderbolt GM just a case of using the sniper and some shields from the full armour, possibly a Zaku I? I'd say the RE line is to take up the slack and maybe some of the bigger suits will be released via this route. I suppose I'm in cloud coocko land but maybe a kshatriya, they're made bulky suits like the Nightingale and a form of binder with the gundam thunderbolt shields..........

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 09:18:38 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks having a scope, on a mobile suit sniper rifle is a dumb idea? I know it always did, but it just seems ridiculous to me.

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 09:41:33 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks having a scope, on a mobile suit sniper rifle is a dumb idea? I know it always did, but it just seems ridiculous to me.

Just as rediculous as a mobile suit  needing a head?  ???

Scopez R Kool ok?

blacklotus

• View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 09:54:49 PM »
That's a crazy idea... mechs that are humanoid like... crazy... but damn cool :P

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 09:58:07 PM »

Just as rediculous as a mobile suit  needing a head?  ???

Scopez R Kool ok?

Haha! I see your point. I've decided to look at it like this by using an analogue scope, they're using actual human skill to actually set up a shot, thus, producing ace snipers.

Soz 4 been a poophead.  ;D

Siwrx

• Verified Modeller
    • View Profile
    • Hangar-MK
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 07:26:08 AM »
This release is definitively one of the best MG news in a while if you don't count the TB kits IMO. Not sure about a P-Bandai K9, is the suit that popular ? I would rather except a white dingo version which is pretty much a recolor only.

I agree on both sides of the rifle scope discussion, yes they look daft but at the same time so cool  8)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:59:53 AM by Siwrx »

GundamUK

• Administrator
  • Forum Fiddler
    • View Profile
    • GundamUK
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 11:06:33 AM »
This release is definitively one of the best MG news in a while if you don't count the TB kits IMO. Not sure about a P-Bandai K9, is the suit that popular ? I would rather except a white dingo version which is pretty much a recolor only.

I agree on both sides of the rifle scope discussion, yes they look daft but at the same time so cool  8)

lol that's it, best we don't discuss the real life applications of anything from MS Gundam really and just accept it's deviation from reality in favour of just outright awesomeness. It's interesting however how the concepts of a mobile suit comes about in canon, it almost justifies it's outlandish ideas.

Zakurella

• Verified Modeller
  • Nova Lachlan
    • View Profile
    • Zakurella
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »

lol that's it, best we don't discuss the real life applications of anything from MS Gundam really and just accept it's deviation from reality in favour of just outright awesomeness. It's interesting however how the concepts of a mobile suit comes about in canon, it almost justifies it's outlandish ideas.

Wait…Gundam is not real life?  :o